Temporary Foreign Worker Program
What is the Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker Program (PEQ)?
There are some people who have previously worked or studied in Quebec. These people are eligible to apply under this program. This program intends to bring such people into the province who have skills to do a job and to meet the certain conditions like having an advanced intermediate knowledge in French.
The job opportunities for the foreigners are countless and it is very easy for the applicants to get work permits after they have immigrated into the capital province.
The Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker Program does not have a selection grid or anything like that. It does not even bring into consideration the relationship status of the people applying for the immigration. You can actually apply for the immigration if you have a work permit applicable for a person to work before graduation.
The eligibility criteria for the Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker Program are:
- The applicant must have the intention of settling in the capital province.
- The applicant must start working in the capital province with the sole purpose of working.
- The applicant must have worked under the temporary foreign worker legally. If not that, then the user must have experience working under the youth exchange program.
- The applicant must have an experience of working for almost one to two years.
- The job that is picked by the applicant must be for level O, A or B under the National Occupational Classification.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate the knowledge of French in spoken.
- The applicant must be self sufficient financially.
When should you apply for a Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker Program?
- The person applying for a CSQ must wait till they have successfully completed their 12 months of full time employment at a recognized work place.
- The applicant must be working at a managerial, professional or a technical level.
- The occupation that the applicant has opted must be from the National Occupation List.
- The applicant must be holding a paid job when they apply for PEQ.